[mythtv-users] TBS 6980/6981 vs TeVii S480

mikkel at broerne.dk mikkel at broerne.dk
Tue Feb 21 08:51:24 UTC 2012

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 08:15:47 +0000, Andy Sheen wrote:

> Pieter De
Wit wrote on Tue 21 Feb at 7:52 UK time

Sheen wrote:

>>> Hi Rajil, I've not got a system which hibernates
so can't comment on that, but I do have a system with the S480 in. I
only bought it a week or so ago, but they have been 100% reliable so far
(with one caveat - see below).

>> Hi, Mind sharing the
connections you have to the card. Dual LNB ? Multiple transponders ?
Multiple directions Hor vs Vert ? I am trying to find a card that will
allow me to access two transponders on Optus D1, both on horizontal
direction, all via a single LNB :) Cheers, Pieter

> I have a quattro
LNB feeding a multiswitch in the loft, so each tuner
> sees its own full
LNB. I have satellite in every room (and 3 feeds in
> the living room!!)
should I need it. Overkill I know given we now have
> HD via T2 but it
was the only way to get HD for a couple of years here.

> Andy

too have just purchased the S480 and know very little of the TBS.

You could read the following thread on ubuntu forum.

> I have had no
problems - other than the compiling and firmware installation. If you
use Mythbuntu 11.10 it should work out of the box.