[mythtv-users] TBS 6980/6981 vs TeVii S480

Andy Sheen sheen.andy at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 21 08:15:47 UTC 2012

Pieter De Wit wrote on Tue 21 Feb at 7:52 UK time
> On 21/02/2012 20:38, Andy Sheen wrote:
>> Hi Rajil,
>>
>> I've not got a system which hibernates so can't comment on that, but I
>> do have a system with the S480 in. I only bought it a week or so ago,
>> but they have been 100% reliable so far (with one caveat - see below).

> Hi,
>
> Mind sharing the connections you have to the card. Dual LNB ? Multiple
> transponders ? Multiple directions Hor vs Vert ?
>
> I am trying to find a card that will allow me to access two transponders
> on Optus D1, both on horizontal direction, all via a single LNB :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pieter

I have a quattro LNB feeding a multiswitch in the loft, so each tuner
sees its own full LNB. I have satellite in every room (and 3 feeds in
the living room!!) should I need it. Overkill I know given we now have
HD via T2 but it was the only way to get HD for a couple of years here.

Andy