[mythtv-users] Recordings working, sound ok on mplayer but not on mythfrontend

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 08:27:11 UTC 2012

Hi

On 19 February 2012 06:02, David Sims <simsdw56 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I can use mplayer to playback this recording and the sound is ok.

if you use mplayer without any special settings and you get audio, it
will use the "default" device

> ALSA:default:CARD-Intel

so this is the one you want to use..

> The choice I made was “ALSA:iec958:CARD=Intel:DEV=0” per previous
> conversations…

If using the optical or coax digital output, then it should work.
However, if it is currently in use as the default device, it is
possible that this device is currently in use and not usable at all
time