[mythtv-users] MythTv BE/FE go to sleep but doesn't wake up

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:44:13 UTC 2012

On 15 February 2012 11:53, ganassa <ganassa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I turned off NTPD because it's the only known "element" on my BE/FE - as far
> as I know - that is able to change date/time settings on my BE/FE.
> I really don't know how time could change with this behaviour.
>
> What is happening know is:
> - sometimes the BE is waking up 2 hours earlier comparing to what's
> scheduled - reporting in log 1 hour earlier -  , then turning off before the
> recording and, after that, it will never wake up again.

I had problems like this once.  It was a long time ago but I think it
was related to localtime vs UTC.  Doesn't ACPI use UTC (which is
esentially the same as GMT)?  Anyway I remember I modified the
shutdown script to log the wakeup time that it was setting and with
that information I was able to work out what was going on.

> - other times the BE is waking up correctly. This happens always when I'm at
> home and looking at it :)

Is it conceivable that it's waking up two hours early for a *later*
recording, and coincidentally getting the correct time for the current
one?