[mythtv-users] Cant find a mATX motherboard with AM2+ chipset (UK)

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 08:08:34 UTC 2012

On 14 February 2012 00:59, Rajil Saraswat <rajil.s at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been running mythtv on a regular desktop (using Gigabyte M57SLI-S4
> ATX motherboard)  and decided to get a decent case. J-e-f-f-A on
> #mythtv-users sold me the idea of getting an Antec Fusion Remote case which
> is now on its way from Amazon.
>
> I was hoping to reuse my current computer parts ( AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
> Processor 4200+, DDR2 ram), but unable to find a decent matx motherboard. By
> the way my ideal board would have been Asus M3N78-EM. I have looked into
> ebuyer.com, scan.co.uk and even ebay but all boards seem to be missing
> either of the two:
>
> a) Gigabit ethernet
> b) 5.1/7.1 analog audio out.
>
> Does any body know whether such a motherboard exists? If not is there any
> recommended motherboard which is available to buy in the market. I would
> like to keep costs which i guess will limit the choice to AMD.

would http://www.ebuyer.com/196402-gigabyte-ga-m68m-s2p-geforce-7025-socket-am2-vga-out-8-channel-audio-matx-ga-m68m-s2p?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products
fit the bill?
problem is it has an nforce chipset (which i'm not fond of for
long-term usage), but since your using a  'legacy' am2 system, then
your options are slim.

have you also checked out asrock website? asrock seem to cater for
some hybrid type motherboards, so you might be able to find a current
AM2 based system that suites your needs.