[mythtv-users] LIRC IRSEND - Channel changing not working

Steven stevenc413 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 12:41:17 UTC 2012

Hello,

I've tried unsuccessfully to fix this issue the last few weeks.

I am using Mythbuntu 11.10 and trying to get a USB-UIRT and Comcast DTA working.

I followed the directions here: http://regx.dgswa.com/html/node/134

Today after spending hours on it, I got the point where IRSEND is not producing an error, and the light is going off on my USB-UIRT transmitter, and I confirmed with a camera that it is indeed sending.  Problem is the signals are not being received by the box, or they are the wrong signals.  IRECORD is not working for me, which seems to be a common problem.

I am using this lirc.conf file:
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/DTA100

And here is part of my lirc hardware.conf file:

#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="Windows Media Center Transceivers/Remotes
 (all)"
REMOTE_MODULES=""
REMOTE_DRIVER="uirt2_raw"
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/ttyUSB0"
REMOTE_SOCKET=""
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS="-l"

#Chosen IR Transmitter
TRANSMITTER="USB-UIRT2 : Motorola Cable
 box"
TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
TRANSMITTER_DRIVER="uirt2_raw"
TRANSMITTER_DEVICE="/dev/ttyUSB0"
TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF="/usr/share/lirc/pace2.conf"
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""

Anyone know how I can finally get this working?  Happy to provide any other files that would be useful.