[mythtv-users] Tuner Card

M D weworama at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 15:54:48 UTC 2012

>I'm new to this. I've got Mythbuntu running on a machine. I need a
>tuner card. I'm going to be connecting antenna TV. In the future, I
>might go back to satellite TV. I'd like to be able to watch one
>program while I record another or record two programs at one time.

>I've looked at the Mythbuntu install, but am not clear on what my
>choice of cards is. Anyone have suggestions on cards?

Myth can work with many cards, try looking at
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.1 including the
links.  You likely need at least a dual tuner or 2 or more single
tuners to do what you want.

You don't indicate where you are if you are somewhere in North America
also take a look at http://digitalhome.ca or specifically
http://digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=42094