[mythtv-users] dtv_multiplex.transmission_mode data type with BBC QAM-256 DVB-T2 streams

nemo myth797 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 13:19:23 UTC 2012

Hello

I'm working my way through what's turning out to be a fairly painful
build of a replacement/upgraded server using a Blackgold BGT3650 quad
dvb-t2 card. The problems I'm seeing are generally not mythtv-related,
but I have noticed one thing that is, which is that in the database
dtv_multiplex.transmission_mode is data type char(1).

Per info on the OFCOM web site, BBC dvb-t2 transmissions are in 32k
mode, which clearly isn't going to fit in the table. I've therefore set
the field to be "a", but this seems to add additional instability to an
already fairly wobbly setup.

What have others done with this field..?

Thanks