[mythtv-users] Mythweb: "Play recording on frontend"

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 08:47:13 UTC 2012

Hi there.

I noticed the "Play recording on frontend" link in Mythweb and gave it a
try. When I click on that link the frontend in question changes to its
Watch Recordings screen but does not actually play the recording.

So I googled and found the following thread in which this issue was also
raised:

I'm fairly certain that I don't have the address resolution problem that
this discussion starts out on (all machines have static IPs, even those
handed out by means of DHCP, and I have forward and reverse DNS set up).

I can remotely control the frontend from any machine on the network
(including the backend) using netcat and addressing the frontend by
means of its hostname. Mythweb's remote control functionality also works
with this frontend.

I waded through the whole thread, but I could not find anyone
specifically addressing the problem I re-raise above (i.e. frontend
changes to Watch Recordings but does not actually play the recording).
Any hints?

root at zotac:~# mythbackend --version
MythTV Version   : v0.24.2-30-ge9a0ecb
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.7.4
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput
using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_crystalhd
using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

Thanks and best wishes, Jan