[mythtv-users] Using MythTV 'offline'?

PlainFaceBoy plainfaceboy at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 28 14:01:27 UTC 2012

Hi - I've got mythtv working fine (version 0.25/fixes with Ubuntu 12.04 64bit), front and back end both on the same machine, but I have to have my router switched on else I get the message;

'Could not connect to the master backend server. Is it running? Is the IP address set for it in mythtv-setup correct?'

Is this normal? IP address in backend is 127.0.0.1. If I switch my router on, and restart all is fine and it connects and my recordings appear etc.
Not a huge problem, but as they're both in one box shouldn't I be able to use mythtv "offline" - is there something I can do to fix this?
Thanks