[mythtv-users] myth hangs + locks whole system

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Thu Aug 23 05:37:50 UTC 2012

[snip]
On Wed, 2012-08-22 at 22:58 -0400, Joseph Fry wrote:

> Not an expert, but looks like some sort of memory leak or simple out
> of memory issue.  I would have imagined that the dev's would have seen
> this long before it made it to you... perhaps its not mythtv itself?
> You do have swap space configured?  Are you running with /tmp in
> ram... anything non-standard like that?
I do have swap. /tmp is on disk.
I'm using LVM for disk volumes.
The most non-standard thing is that I'm running myth front and backends
in a chroot and, although the chroot is Debian testing (i.e., the next
stable release in preparation), the host system, including the kernel
and X, are Debian Lenny (aka oldstable).

Ross