[mythtv-users] Live TV playback frustration

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Wed Aug 22 23:20:59 UTC 2012

"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>I just don't get why /anyone/ would believe that watching some partial
>airing of a show that they just stumbled upon by accident would be
>better than being able to see the entire show.

It's not, but it can be better than not seeing the show at all, when it's one of a type that you had absolutely no idea you might like - the sort of thing you'd never record because you were so sure you wouldn't like it. I would never enjoy any type of reality show... at least that's what I thought until I once stumbled across one that I found incredibly compelling, and then set up recordings for the rest of the series.