[mythtv-users] more than 2 simultaneous HLS transcodes

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Aug 20 20:06:32 UTC 2012

* On Mon Aug 20, 2012 at 03:04:53PM -0400, George Nassas wrote:
> Hi, something I've been noticing lately is if I start more than 2 HLS transcodes
> the first two run as expected while subsequent ones go into a queued state and
> never come out even after the machine goes idle.

Please open a ticket and assign it to me.  I have already started
rewriting the HLS encoder to do on-demand encoding of segments and
playlists.  I'm not sure whether the current code will stay
around or not, but I will take a look and see if there's something
that can be done to fix this in master and 0.26 when it is cut.

I don't know of any reason why this would be happening off the top
of my head unless it's something to do with the max simultaneous
threads code.  Open a ticket (so I don't forget) :) and I'll take
a look around.

--
Chris