[mythtv-users] more than 2 simultaneous HLS transcodes

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Aug 20 19:04:53 UTC 2012

Hi, something I've been noticing lately is if I start more than 2 HLS transcodes the first two run as expected while subsequent ones go into a queued state and never come out even after the machine goes idle.

When the machine does go idle the next new HLS transcode request starts immediately bypassing the queue(d) one(s).

I imagine the desired behaviour is to start queued transcodes as job slots become available but that isn't happening. I can open a ticket or, if this sounds like a quickie fix, the domain expert can slide in an update. As you wish.

Oh, I'm running master from just before the Olympics. I don't think anything sweeping has gone in since then.

- George