[mythtv-users] Disk space for frontend-only machine

Leigh Anthony mythtv at theanthonys.net
Fri Aug 17 01:49:22 UTC 2012

You don't happen to have a record of how you set up the iscsi?  The iscsi backend is easy enough, but I think I need to get PXE to boot gPXE which works with iscsi.

I'm currently netbooting the cd image (pxe + nfs) but its read-only and a real pain having to reset the timezone and volume every time (FE is a laptop) - it lowers the WAF considerably.

Or does anyone know how to add mythfrontend to LTSP fat client?

Leigh

----
My frontend (which are also slave backends for commflag and transcoding) quite happily sit on a 6GB Partition.  They run a standard uBuntu / Mythbuntu install with nothing trimmed down.   I netboot them with iSCSI (so no actual hdd in the frontends, but still works like a machine with a HDD)