[mythtv-users] mythmote App and minimyth

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 20:09:57 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> ....  so chances are there isn't even a machine located at that
> address, much less one you will ever need to talk to. It's more the
> principle of the thing.

<piling_on>

That particular route is not currently in the DFZ, and I see no record
of it in the last few months (although I only checked a few dates,
so could have missed it appearing and then disappearing), but
I absolutely agree with the principal.  It is like squatting on 5.0.0.0/8
space (which one well known free vpn solution does, but will prevent
access to some sites as RIPE allocates from the 5.0.0.0/8 space).
Even if not allocated today, as IPv4 runout occurs it becomes more
likely that that range will be allocated/assigned.  Change now, while
one is thinking about it.  Remember, that it is not only you, but the
others that you have vpn tunnels to you, that are potentially impacted
by not being able to get to sites/machines assigned to that range.
Be kind to your tunnel partners.  Change your address.

</piling_on>

Gary