[mythtv-users] Issues with 4Seven on Freesat...

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 07:31:18 UTC 2012

On 9 August 2012 14:00, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 August 2012 18:04, Robert Longbottom <rongblor at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 7 Aug 2012, at 08:43 PM, Ian Wilkinson <null at sgtwilko.f9.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hiya,
>>>
>>> Is anyone else having issues receiving the channel 4Seven on Freesat?
>>>
>>> The channel tunes in fine, but after a second or two the picture breaks
>>> up.  It then stabilises for a few seconds then breaks up again.
>>>
>>> I'm running Mythbuntu 10.04, 0.24-fixes, on an ION board with a TBS 6891.
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes, I see exactly the same thing. I've just tried to find 4seven on my set top box but it seems I don't have it tuned in despite having done a full rescan last weekend. I wondered if it was a general issue with signal strength. I'll try to tune it in tomorrow maybe and see if it works on there.
>>
>> All my other sat channels work fine though, so I can't really believe it is a signal issue.
>
> Just tested 24seven with 0.25.2 from the Debian Multimedia repo using
> my old Hauppauge Nova-S Plus card - no problems to report.

Just had another chance to check this issue out - I'm seeing the
frequent (~ every 5 seconds or so) picture breakups during the early
morning advertising block. Didn't see the problem the other day when I
posted the above.

Channel/mux details are as follows:

      transportid: 2068
        networkid: 2
        frequency: 11126500
        inversion: a
       symbolrate: 22000000
              fec: 5/6
         polarity: v
       modulation: qpsk
        bandwidth: a
     lp_code_rate: auto
transmission_mode: a
   guard_interval: auto
          visible: 0
    constellation: qpsk
        hierarchy: a
     hp_code_rate: auto
          mod_sys: UNDEFINED
          rolloff: 0.35
       sistandard: dvb
   serviceversion: 33
  updatetimestamp: 2012-07-31 03:50:37
default_authority:
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Note that these are broadly in agreement with Robert's posted details,
but there are some differences.

Cheers,
Nick

--