[mythtv-users] Issues with 4Seven on Freesat...

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Aug 14 07:44:57 UTC 2012

On 14 Aug 2012, at 08:31, Nick Morrott wrote:

> On 9 August 2012 14:00, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Yes, I see exactly the same thing. I've just tried to find 4seven on my set top box but it seems I don't have it tuned in despite having done a full rescan last weekend. I wondered if it was a general issue with signal strength. I'll try to tune it in tomorrow maybe and see if it works on there.
>>>
>>> All my other sat channels work fine though, so I can't really believe it is a signal issue.
>>
>> Just tested 24seven with 0.25.2 from the Debian Multimedia repo using
>> my old Hauppauge Nova-S Plus card - no problems to report.
>
> Just had another chance to check this issue out - I'm seeing the
> frequent (~ every 5 seconds or so) picture breakups during the early
> morning advertising block. Didn't see the problem the other day when I
> posted the above.

This is just anecdotal so didn't post before but I had been seeing some breakup on Ch4 HD in the same mux (I don't use 4Seven). I later realised that the mux had changed to QPSK from 8PSK (to allow for 4 seven), although it seems that I was still able to record with the old settings for some months.

I have since retuned all muxes (BBC Olympics channels) and I've not seen any breakup since, this may be co-incidental but I noticed that Robert still has 8psk in his tuning data for this mux.

At the moment I'm only really watching Sailing programs from Ch4 HD that are on at 2 or 3am and even those from 6 months ago, so I'd put the breakup down to log rotations and XFS defrags going on at that time, now I'm not so sure.

Andre