[mythtv-users] Video Metadata

Chris Gentle gentlec at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 16:03:52 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Tim Raphael <raphael.timothy at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am yet to see the metadata inserting itself in mythvideo without me
> pressing the 'w' key. Once I have used a standard file format the
> metadata is not loading.

I have not been able to figure out just what triggers a metadata lookup.
There's a checkbox in the frontend for doing a lookup immediately following
a video scan but that doesn't seem to work.  I also can't figure out how to
force it to happen.  If I run ttvdb.py manually, it just outputs everything
to stdout without sticking anything in the database.

One problem that I see is with the "Processed" flag in the videometadata
database table.  Someone replied to one of my earlier messages and said
that if the Processed flag is set to 1 then the metadata lookup isn't
attempted again.  In my case, it looks like Processed is getting set to 1
even when metadata lookup fails.  So that could keep it from retrying.  You
can reset that flag to 0 with an SQL statement and see if it makes any
difference.

UPDATE videometadata SET Processed=0 WHERE Title = 'title of your series'

--
Chris