[mythtv-users] Video Metadata

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Aug 5 05:56:17 UTC 2012

On 8/4/2012 12:03, Chris Gentle wrote:
> If I run ttvdb.py manually, it just outputs everything to stdout without
> sticking anything in the database.

That's correct.  The grabber interface is designed such that the scripts
only need return a simple format, rather than understand the database
schema natively, to insert the response directly.  The frontend takes
the output from the grabber and handles all database operations.

> In my case, it looks like Processed is getting set to 1 even when metadata
> lookup fails.  So that could keep it from retrying.

Of course it is.  If the batch lookup fails once, logic would suggest it
will fail on the next attempt too.