[mythtv-users] Can I pass parameters to my channel changing script?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 20:12:59 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 19:05, Patrick Oglesby <octoberblu3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But just as a forewarning, consider the case when you are trying to
> transmit on both transmitters at the same time.  (Say two recordings
> fire up at once.)  You need to either make sure the irsend
> SET_TRANSMITTERS command come before each key sent, or use some sort
> of touchfile locking to only allow one script at a time.

You have to do locking, otherwise you can have a race condition.

My recollection is that at least two of the scripts on the wiki
support locking to avoid this particular issue.  The one I
use (full disclosure, I wrote it, so it is clearly biased to
what *I* needed) is called LircChannelChanger.  There are
others, and the issue has been discussed on this list
previously (although I do not know if those scripts were
added to the wiki).

Gary