[mythtv-users] Can I pass parameters to my channel changing script?

Patrick Oglesby octoberblu3 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 19:05:47 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Just set up a different script for each capture card or--assuming the script
> you're using accepts the "blaster number" before the channel number--change
> your external channel change script for each capture card to:
>
> my_channel_change_script <blasternumber>
>
> and let MythTV stick the channel number on the end after that.
>
> Mike

This is what I ended up doing before moving all of my recording to a
CableCard tuner.

But just as a forewarning, consider the case when you are trying to
transmit on both transmitters at the same time.  (Say two recordings
fire up at once.)  You need to either make sure the irsend
SET_TRANSMITTERS command come before each key sent, or use some sort
of touchfile locking to only allow one script at a time.

Good luck,
Patrick