[mythtv-users] schedules direct

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Apr 27 11:48:39 UTC 2012

On 27/04/12 08:29, stinga at wolf-rock.com wrote:

> On 27/04/12 03:09:09, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> We don't (currently) use SchedulesDirect in the UK, but rather an xmltv
>>> grabber. This would be selected when you set up your source. IIRC it's the
>>> second-to-last option in the dropdown list.
>>>
>>> If you don't want to use the Radio Times information - which is fairly
>>> comprehensive - you can select "no grabber" and activate EIT on your tuners.
>>> Either option should get rid of those error messages.
>>
>> If you're using EIT data, you should select, "EIT only" for the source. "No
>> grabber" is meant for "fake" channels, for example, ones configured to allow
>> recording stuff off a VCR or similar.
Sorry, my poor recollection. As a user I don't get to see those screens that
often...

> I use the Radio Times xmltv grabber, I don't use EIT, mythfilldatabse still tries
> to connect to Schedules Direct.

I can't imagine why. I don't remember anyone else in the UK complaining of this
so it is probably a configuration problem your end.

Are you *sure* that you have selected "United Kingdom/Republic of Ireland (Radio
Times)" as your xmltv listings source? (Video sources; first screen after
selecting (new source) or an existing entry)

You haven't at any point attempted to do a "Fetch channels from listing source"?
That might cause an indicator to be wrongly set. In the UK you should only ever
"Scan for channels" one way or another. (Input Connections; first screen on
selecting a tuner entry)

--

Mike Perkins