[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Wed Apr 25 10:22:28 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM, Dan Gravell <dan.gravell at talk21.com> wrote:

> >I think http://www.scorch.org/?p=211 is the same article - I use a
> similar setup, although I didn't bother with the LIRC integration. I used
> to have a menu in the frontend which used the SqueezeCenter (now Logitech
> Media Server) Telnet Interface to control playback, but now I just use
> iPeng on an iPhone.
>

> Thanks Chris. It's worth noting that Squeezeplay has since moved on and
> can now play audio itself, so in theory squeezeslave is now not required.

I actually prefer to have Squeezeslave, it works well for my particular
application.

For my setup, I run TV and music audio separately - audio from Myth goes
via HDMI to the TV, then from the TV to the amplifier, while music goes
straight to the amp via an analogue RCA cable.

This works for me because I never want to hear music from the TV speakers,
nor do I ever want to listen to music and television simultaneously.

As a side effect of the above, it doesn't make sense to have to start a
program on the "TV" to listen to music, so having the Squeezeslave daemon
run silently in the background works well.

- Chris