[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.25 & media streams

john rwc1 at bestpond.com
Wed Apr 25 02:35:08 UTC 2012

Firstly, thanks to all for the 0.25 release, a wonderful boost to a great
concept.

I  enjoy listening to the music & radio streams that are re-broadcast  through
my Australian  ISP Internode, their  high performance content delivery network
is unmetered for their customers. They provide Playlists of these streams in a
number of formats  (M3U, PLS, OPML, RSS). I believe that most of the streams
are a rebroadcast of shoutcast stations as well as  Australian Radio stations
like the national broadcaster ABC and selected other stations. I believe that
there are also some video stations (e.g. bloomberg) now being offered as well,
through their parent company (Iinet) following a recent joining of forces.

I would like to hear from others as to how they prefer to  handle such streams
using MythTV. I might add that I use the pre-compiled binaries on Opensuse
12.1.

 I am looking at the simplest way in which I can select and play the streams
via mythtv (mythmusic, mythweb or whatever). In the past I have simply been
playing these streams via Kaffeine, Amarok, or any of the suitable players
that I may have installed, but it would be much nicer if I coiuld play them
through my main system using mythtv.

Thanks for any comments or advice.

John