[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.25 & media streams

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 13:32:00 UTC 2012

On Apr 24, 2012 10:35 PM, "john" <rwc1 at bestpond.com> wrote:

> Firstly, thanks to all for the 0.25 release, a wonderful boost to a great
concept.

> I enjoy listening to the music & radio streams that are re-broadcast
through my Australian ISP Internode, their high performance content
delivery network is unmetered for their customers. They provide Playlists
of these streams in a number of formats (M3U, PLS, OPML, RSS). I believe
that most of the streams are a rebroadcast of shoutcast stations as well as
Australian Radio stations like the national broadcaster ABC and selected
other stations. I believe that there are also some video stations (e.g.
bloomberg) now being offered as well, through their parent company (Iinet)
following a recent joining of forces.

> I would like to hear from others as to how they prefer to handle such
streams using MythTV. I might add that I use the pre-compiled binaries on
Opensuse 12.1.

> I am looking at the simplest way in which I can select and play the
streams via mythtv (mythmusic, mythweb or whatever). In the past I have
simply been playing these streams via Kaffeine, Amarok, or any of the
suitable players that I may have installed, but it would be much nicer if I
coiuld play them through my main system using mythtv.

> Thanks for any comments or advice.
>

> John

Basic shoutcast support was built into .24, although there wasn't a gui.  I
was able to get it working in with a couple of code tweaks and some manual
db updates.

I haven't upgraded to .25 yet so I can't speak to the shoutcast client
status there.

Dave