[mythtv-users] 0.25-fixes 'Video Frame Buffering Failed TooMany Times' whenever a new program starts (Live TV)

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Mon Apr 23 19:54:14 UTC 2012

On 4/23/12 9:16 PM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Warpme<warpme at o2.pl>  wrote:
>> FYI
>> I backported all recent (0349883&  7c7852f) master LiveTV commits to
>> 0.25-fixes and unfortunately livetv works much worse for me compared to
>> current vanilla 0.25-fixes.
>> With recent commits from master almost every transition ends in main menu,
>> while current 0.25-fixes ends let say 1 on 10.
>> With current 0.25-fixes I also observed another trigger causing livetv
>> "return main menu": pressing info on just switched new livetv segment. Doing
>> this causes hang on livetv playback every 2-4 tries.
>> Sorry passing not nice feedback....
> At this point, I have fixed all the "error to the main menu"
> situations that I can reproduce, in both fixes/0.25 and master.  There
> are still a couple of minor issues I'm aware of: a slight glitch at
> the program transition, and weird current time and duration
> information in the progress bar after the first transition, but I
> stopped seeing the failures.
>
> After picking up the changes, if anyone still sees an error to the
> main menu, I'd like to hear about it.
>
> Jim

Jim,

I just rebuild latest 0.25-fixes (v0.25-54-g46062bf-dirty-20120423) and
will let You know how it goes. So far testing briefly on few transitions
and looks OK. After few days of test I will report how it goes.

During those tests however I got BE deadlock :-(
Iit is repeatable as I remember few days ago I had it also.

Scenario:
-is 8:28PM, livetv plays.
-I have scheduled another recording at 8:30PM.
-just before 8:30PM I got pop-up with question: watch& record; back to
main menu & record; cancel recording and keep watching.
-I select cancel recording and decided to watching livetv.
-At 8:30PM livetv freezes and BE become deadlocked (famous PROTO_EMPTY
on all FE).

Unfortunately no logs as I was in panic & quickly restarted BE as all my
home mates become highly nervous about unresponsive system....

-br