[mythtv-users] 0.25-fixes 'Video Frame Buffering Failed TooMany Times' whenever a new program starts (Live TV)

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 19:16:26 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:
> I backported all recent (0349883 & 7c7852f) master LiveTV commits to
> 0.25-fixes and unfortunately livetv works much worse for me compared to
> current vanilla 0.25-fixes.
> With recent commits from master almost every transition ends in main menu,
> while current 0.25-fixes ends let say 1 on 10.
> With current 0.25-fixes I also observed another trigger causing livetv
> "return main menu": pressing info on just switched new livetv segment. Doing
> this causes hang on livetv playback every 2-4 tries.
> Sorry passing not nice feedback....

At this point, I have fixed all the "error to the main menu"
situations that I can reproduce, in both fixes/0.25 and master.  There
are still a couple of minor issues I'm aware of: a slight glitch at
the program transition, and weird current time and duration
information in the progress bar after the first transition, but I
stopped seeing the failures.

After picking up the changes, if anyone still sees an error to the
main menu, I'd like to hear about it.