[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

phipps-hutton at sky.com phipps-hutton at sky.com
Thu Apr 19 11:33:41 UTC 2012

Quoting Gordon McCrae <gordon.mccrae at gmail.com>:

> I've just installed MythTV 0.25 on my test rig, and while I'm
> generally incredibly impressed by it I'm afraid I have to agree with
> the various people who've already bemoaned the move away from
> directory tree structure for music selection.
>
> Having said that, I'm happy to accept that at the end of the day, I
> can't write the code so I have to take what's available and get on
> with it.

I had great hopes for MythMPD
(http://www.mackers.com/projects/mythmpd/) but it seems to have
stopped at 0.21. I have some unused buttons on my remote bound to some
hacky scripts to play music from MPD over RTP to the frontend and they
work very well but they just play what eveer in in the MPD playlist so
not much use for you I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Tim.