[mythtv-users] mytharchive failing HD-PVR (terry) (terry)

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Apr 15 19:35:22 UTC 2012

On 15/04/12 17:52, terry wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-04-15 at 15:10 +0100, John Pilkington wrote:
>> You do know that to activate the cutlist you have to use the 'Menu' (M)
>> key when you see the grey scissors? Then, if you make the appropriate
>> choice, they should turn red. Personally I do the cutting first, but
>> having it inside MythArchive is probably more convenient.
>
> Hi John,
>
> This is with the new 0.25 myth
>
> 1. This is how I do the cutting:
>
> - when I watch to the recording I press <E> to enter edit mode, there I
> do the cutting and then I save it.
> - when I want to create a dvd, I select the file that will show the gray
> scissor
> - then select the file with gray scissor and press M and <use cut list>
> then scissor becomes red.
> - then the iso is written BUT the cuts are not included.
>
> I have this problem before with 0.24 and as you remember in on the
> threads Will came with some changes in the mythburn.py script that fix
> the problem. Now is back in 0.25 but the script is different and I can
> not use Will's patch.
>
> 2. If I do the cut first (I am using the Hauppage HD-PVR), the cuts are
> made after I transcode. The problem is that the file produce after the
> transcode is in a nuv container and for some reason I can not use the
> file to make the DVD becasue it produces and error. The file is OK
> because I have been using it under avidemux to produce the dvd.
>
> -=terry=-

Yes, I remember that thread but I forgot that you were in on it;  I'm
afraid I thought you were fresh to the MythArchive pastime :-)

I'm still trying to decide what to do with dvb-t2 HD recordings if I
want to keep them - without getting terabytes and keeping them powered
up.  Fortunately SD dvb-t still looks pretty good to me and three hours
of that will usually fit onto a DVD with no loss of quality.  I thought
I might have problems after the changes in 0.25 but so far I've only
made a few small tweaks to fit in with my personal preferences.  The
main box is still 0.24.3 but I'll probably move on quite soon.

John P