[mythtv-users] mytharchive failing HD-PVR (terry) (terry)

terry chusty at attglobal.net
Sun Apr 15 16:52:41 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-15 at 15:10 +0100, John Pilkington wrote:

> You do know that to activate the cutlist you have to use the
> 'Menu' (M)
> key when you see the grey scissors?  Then, if you make the
> appropriate
> choice, they should turn red.  Personally I do the cutting first, but
> having it inside MythArchive is probably more convenient.

Hi John,

This is with the new 0.25 myth

1. This is how I do the cutting:

- when I watch to the recording I press <E> to enter edit mode, there I
do the cutting and then I save it.
- when I want to create a dvd, I select  the file that will show the
gray scissor
- then select the file with gray scissor and press M and <use cut list>
then scissor becomes red.
- then the iso is written BUT the cuts are not included.

I have this problem before with 0.24 and as you remember in on the
threads Will came with some changes in the mythburn.py script that fix
the problem. Now is back in 0.25 but the script is different and I can
not use Will's patch.

2. If I do the cut first (I am using the Hauppage HD-PVR), the cuts are
made after I transcode. The problem is that the file produce after the
transcode is in a nuv container and for some reason I can not use the
file to make the DVD becasue it produces and error. The file is OK
because I have been using it under avidemux to produce the dvd.

-=terry=-