[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music & Videos Questions

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 13 18:16:00 UTC 2012

On 04/13/2012 01:40 PM, Scott and Nicole Harris wrote:
> I'd have to say that's a "double" bug, then.  Shutting Myth and
> rebooting your system from the mechanism that Myth itself provides,
> should work as a "clean" exit.  Remember, once again, most of us only
> have remotes to interact with Myth with, so how would one propose
> restarting or shutting down (which I do every night, it runs off an
> SSD and the cold boot up time is negliable and sleep does not play
> well with it) the frontend otherwise?  The second side of this is the
> fact (as stated in the ticket) that MythMusic is saving playlists on
> frontend exit instead of on change, which seems rather backwards.

 From my standpoint, the mere ability for an unprivileged user to shut
down the system is a bug (or, more properly, bad design).  So, since I
don't allow MythTV user to shut down my systems, I'll leave it to others
who do to fix any issues in the
shutdown-through-ripping-the-rug-out-from-under-MythTV process.  :)

That said, the playlist stuff will be handled better, eventually.  I'm
sure Paul's plan was to do similar to
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/509025#509025 ,
eventually.

The following is not directed to your--or anyone else, specifically--but
is just a reminder:

Please remember that it's a) brand new code that was "mostly" finished
enough to include and b) F/LOSS.  So, you can either wait for someone
else to decide it's worth volunteering their time to fix it or write a
patch to fix it yourself.  Complaining on the list won't get it
fixed--even if it does make you feel better after venting.  So, let's
try to keep the thread(s) to useful information that provides help for
using the new interface and information about workarounds for issues
that may exist (such as "Exit mythfrontend through the main menu, then
let your scripts restart mythfrontend, then you can do the 'Exit and
reboot' if you need to reboot").

Mike