[mythtv-users] mytharchive failing HD-PVR (terry) (terry)

Stefan Brackertz t.brackertz at gmx.net
Fri Apr 13 16:50:05 UTC 2012

OK, this new information helps a lot:

Assuming that you haven't left out any lines in between the error seems to
be caused by mytharchivehelper called by getStreamInformation in
mythburn.py.

Pleas do the following:

Open your mythburn.py and search for "def getStreamInformation"

Add the following line:

---------------
     write(command)
---------------

Now the function should look as following:

---------------
def getStreamInformation(filename, xmlFilename, lenMethod):
     """create a stream.xml file for filename"""

     command = "mytharchivehelper -q -q --getfileinfo --infile %s --outfile
%s --method %d" % (quoteCmdArg(filename), quoteCmdArg(xmlFilename),
lenMethod)

     write(command)
     result = runCommand(command)

     if result <> 0:
         fatalError("Failed while running mytharchivehelper to get stream
information.\n"
                    "Result: %d, Command was %s" % (result, command))

     # print out the streaminfo.xml file to the log
     infoDOM = xml.dom.minidom.parse(xmlFilename)
     write(xmlFilename + ":-\n" + infoDOM.toprettyxml("    ", ""), False)

Take care of the identation.

Now try again. The command calling mytharchivehelper should be written to
the logfile now. Please post this command so I can check if it is correct
(I think so) And try this command in a terminal window.

If the same error occurs here then mytharchivehelper is to blame and you
should file a bug report.

Stefan