[mythtv-users] Why do I need to set large amounts of audio sync correction?

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Fri Apr 13 16:05:40 UTC 2012

On 11-11-16 02:47 AM, Dom H wrote:
> I need to set ~280ms of delay to achieve sync across all channels, why
> is this? I'm pretty sure the delay isn't caused outside the system
> (display/amplifier) as for example, mplayer can play with perfect sync
> without any manual intervention.
>
> As far as I know, you can't set a permanent audio delay in myth, right?

Mythtv-0.25 apparently has a single global setting for remembering
the audiosync from session to session.

Dunno.. I'll be continuing with 0.24-fixes here for at least a few months still.
I just program a single button on my remote control to send
a macro sequence to set the audio sync directly.  Works fine.

Cheers