[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music & Videos Questions

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Fri Apr 13 01:59:39 UTC 2012

On 13/04/2012 11:45 AM, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:

> Aren't the playlists saved to the database?  It would seem that when
> you save a playlist (either new or to existing), it should be written
> to the database and that should be the end of it, regardless of how
> you exit the frontend, no?

You would think.  On this, I have noticed (in 0.24 anyway, have not
tested in 0.25).  If you create a playlist via Mythweb (my preferred
option for creating, editing playlists), you have to exit the restart
mythfrontend before MythMusic will see a new playlist, or see the
changes made to an existing playlist.  It would seem it loads the
Playlists when you first start the frontend, which seems a dumb way to
do it (in my opinion anyway).

Michael