[mythtv-users] Sapphire remote-control driver for Mythtv: v3.0 released

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Wed Apr 11 21:45:15 UTC 2012

I've updated the Sapphire Remote Control kernel (hid) driver for Linux again today.
The new version 3.0 sports a couple of nifty new features:

--->>> Macro capability:  have a single button press send up to 8 keys.

I use this first feature here to quickly access/set a desired AudioSync
value that about half of my videos require.  The CLEAR key on the remote
now defaults to sending KEY_F15, KEY_DOWN, KEY_LEFT, which on my system
adds 90 milliseconds to the AudioSync value.

If you don't like my appropriating the CLEAR key by default,  :)
then the second feature may be of interest:

--->>> External keymaps, and a way to load them at start-up.

The driver still has a fully defined built-in keymap for simplicity,
but I'm willing to bet that at least some of you may want different
mappings for some buttons than what I've put there as the defaults.

So now you can maintain an external keymap file, and use an included
script to load it at run time.  Details are in a README.txt file
included with the driver.

Source available freely as always:  http://rtr.ca/sapphire_remote/

Cheers
-ml