[mythtv-users] NVidia HDMI overscan

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 00:51:29 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>wrote:

> First question is, how are you feeding the TV? VGA? HDMI? Something else?

Yeah that's an important detail I omitted - it's HDMI

> <snip>
>

> One gotcha with modelines is that the values are supposed to be multiples
> of 8, which means in practice you need 1360x768, losing 4 pixel each side.
>
> Our present TV seems also to be 1366x768 - although it's never explicitly
> said anywhere, even in the EDID. There's only a brief mention of "million
> pixel display" in the manual which is the giveaway. This one, however, is
> fed by HDMI and with an NVidia ION2 chip driving it, and the "exact-PC"
> option selected in the TV menu, "does the right thing".

Couple of clarifications here:
-  "does the right thing"=1366x768?
-  One of my 1366x768 TVs is also using an ION2 chip.  Do you use a
modeline in this configuration?  If so, would you mind posting it so I can
use it as a starting point?

Thanks
Dave