[mythtv-users] Change startup channel

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 16:26:27 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don’t understand where this attitude of “Live TV is a red headed step
>> child” comes from.  I know I certainly use it (and installed myth with the
>> intention of being able to use it).  I watch the news every night....live.
>> I watch sports all weekend long....live.  There’re plenty of “nothing to
>> do...flip through the channels” days....live.
>
> This is an unfair assessment.
>
> In fact, lots of fixes have been put into LiveTV for 0.25.
> in my opinion, the general behaviour in LiveTV is just like anyone
> would normally expect.
>
> That is you can start watching a channel, and if you want to watch
> another you simply tune to it.
>
> This was never fully possible earlier, you could have found yourself
> stuck to a particular capture card or encoder or multiplex.
>
> This has been fixed thanks to DanielK hard work (and awesome
> diagnostic report by others :) )
>
> So now there may be a bug here and there but it certainly isn't the
> norm. From a feature point of view, everything is now there for liveTV
> to work the same way it would work on a normal TV.
> Except of course that you can rewind, record, pause, see what's on
> another channel without tuning etc..
>
> JY

I agree, LiveTV works very well for us, the only real issue we have
had with it is more of a tuning issue, which appears to have been
fixed with some of the latest tuning fixes in the last few weeks. I
have two housemates that really like to just channel browse for
whatever reason and the complaints of it "not working" have stopped.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!