[mythtv-users] problems in playing Flash and .mp4 videos

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Apr 1 20:48:02 UTC 2012

On 01/04/12 18:50, Stefan Brackertz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with mythtv 0.25 I have problems in playing .mp4- and Flash-videos.
>
> For example this video judders extremely:
> http://die-radioretter.de/Kram/08.01.2009_-_History-Special__Hitler__Hitler__Hitler_-_Team_Deutschland.flv

Sound and video action both affected by a 1 Hz pulsation.
No problem with vlc 2.0.1

> With this video there is a delay between audio and video of about a second:
> http://die-radioretter.de/Kram/20120330_Frontal21-Vorschau__Frontal21_am_27._März_2012.mp4

Looks ok with sync set at around 630 ms.  No adjustment needed with vlc.

Using today's build from ATrpms and viewing as videos;  --version shows
as 0.25-pre,  sample package ident is

mythtv-frontend-0.25-282_v0.25_rc_112_g78948da.el6.i686.rpm

Also tried on the F15 box running 0.24-fixes.  Both caused frontend
segfaults before any playback, and vlc 2.0.1 showed video but no sound -
but I had sound problems earlier today after an update, so both these
observations may be unreliable.   I'll try again later - 0.24 tests were
done with multiple recordings in progress.

HTH

John P