[mythtv-users] [OT?] Suspend/Resume with GT 430 and nmedia LCD

Kevon mythtv at reidsresidence.com
Sun Apr 1 18:53:19 UTC 2012

On 03/31/2012 03:13 PM, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>

> With mythtv 0.25 coming out, I decided it was time for some minor
> upgrades to my primary minimyth frontend.
>
> Currently I have an asus a8n-vm csm motherboard with a gt 220 card.
> This works well and suspends and resumes quite nicely.
>
> I have two issues:
>
> 1) I wanted to add a GT 430 to take advantage of the HD audio support.
> Adding the new video card however causes an issue where the machine will
> go to sleep just fine, but upon resume from MCE, the power comes on,
> fans spin, but the monitor never wakes up.  It also isn't responsive on
> the network.  This is my second attempt at adding a gt 430 card and had
> the same issue with the other.  I am not sure if this is a compatibility
> with my motherboard or something else.
> 2) I really like having an LCD on my computer so I added an nmedia pc
> LCD and bought a new nmedia HTPC case.  The LCD works fabulously under
> mythtv - but, the machine will suspend and resume immediately.  I can
> verify this happens even if LCDd is never started.  This also seems like
> some sort of weird compatibility issue.
>
> I have posted to the nvidia list and the lcdproc lists but I haven't
> gotten any responses.
>
> So, I know this is slightly off topic, but I am open to either:
>
> 1) Suggestions on what might be causing these two issues
> 2) Suggestions for a modern Intel motherboard that you are currently
> using w/ an GT 430 and/or nmedia lcd that suspends and resumes without
> issue.
>
> I am just so frustrated trying to debug these issues that I am more than
> happy to throw money at them to get a working solution.
>
> Michael

Issue 1 sounds similar to the problem I had with 9500GT card and nvidia
driver. The system would lock up completed when it resumes. The only
indication that it actually resumed, is the monitor powers up,
displaying the last image after resuming. It turned out all the drivers
after 275.43 would cause my system to freeze when DVI power was sent to
the monitor. Resuming or powering the monitor on/off would lock up my
system. I have since switched to the open nouveau driver since 275 no
longer works on the 3.2 kernel.

Check your driver. If you are using the nvidia driver, you may have to
play around with different versions to find one that works. If none
works, try nouveau.