[mythtv-users] Schedule, tablet and mythweb

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Fri Sep 30 21:54:17 UTC 2011

Op 30-9-2011 20:48, Sven Bretfeld schreef:
> Jos Hoekstra<joshoekstra at gmx.net>  writes:

>>> Do you know if you can install VLC media player on that so you can
>>> play recordings on the tablet by streaming them from mythweb?
>> I can stream them using the default flashplayer of mythweb, I didn't
>> install vlc, it's not in the market and the link on XDA doesn't give me
>> much to go on at first glance.
> There are several clients for Android which can connect to a vlc-stream.
> VLC-direct and VLC-stream&convert are two of them. Here is a howto for
> setting up VLC on a Myth-Backend for usage with Android clients:
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2011-January/306970.html.
>
> But one question. How do you stream with Mythweb on Android? I have a
> Motorola Xoom. Using Mythweb with the stock browser works well for
> schedules, checking status etc. etc., but not for streaming. When I try
> to stream a video or recording, an asx file is downloaded to the
> SD-card, but it cannot be opened by any player I have installed (stock
> player, RockPlayer, VLC-direct). Yes, Adobe FlashPlayer is installed on
> the device, but the browser doesn't start it (it's not a separate app,
> but a browser-plugin).
>
> Greetings,
>
> Sven

Thanks for that, will take a look at it when I have more time.

When I go to mythweb >> recorded programs >> click the program I want, I
get  flashplayer which plays the file for me. Disadvantage is not being
able to skip and sometime performance with older Analog recordings.
I have the separate player installed, before that no flash-content
showed up. Don't know when and if I set up the streaming, I recently
only changed bitrate settings so I could use mor bandwidth of my fiber.

Regards.

Jos