[mythtv-users] Too much time on LiveTV change

Stefan D raptorjr08 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 06:57:32 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>wrote:

> On 11-09-29 01:57 PM, Richard Morton wrote:
> > I remember someone was looking at it in the last year and I think even
> > identified a couple of seconds of improvements but I don't recall any
> > patches, even if there were they would likely to have been applied to
> master
> > or waiting in the queue for master/trunk what will become .25
>
> FWIW, I think the lowest hanging fruit (or perhaps more accurately,
> biggest bang for the buck) there is the waiting and reading from the
> file being written.  As I've mentioned before, until watching has been
> paused or rewinded, playback should be coming out of the buffers read
> from the capture card before/as they are written to disk, not after they
> are written to disk.
>
> Cheers,
> b.

+1 , and now we only need someone to make it happend.
Anyway faster channelswitching would be nice, but not necessary. Using
browse mode or the guide in LiveTV works nice, you dont have to switch
channel to see what else is showing.

My only problem is the times the channel fails to change, and the times
where LiveTV fails when i'm watching, "Error opening jump program file
buffer"!
But that will maybe be fixed some day, because it feels like it could be
affecting recordings too.