[mythtv-users] Too much time on LiveTV change

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Sep 29 18:03:52 UTC 2011

On 11-09-29 01:57 PM, Richard Morton wrote:
> I remember someone was looking at it in the last year and I think even
> identified a couple of seconds of improvements but I don't recall any
> patches, even if there were they would likely to have been applied to master
> or waiting in the queue for master/trunk what will become .25

FWIW, I think the lowest hanging fruit (or perhaps more accurately,
biggest bang for the buck) there is the waiting and reading from the
file being written.  As I've mentioned before, until watching has been
paused or rewinded, playback should be coming out of the buffers read
from the capture card before/as they are written to disk, not after they
are written to disk.

Cheers,
b.