[mythtv-users] Hacking a Hauppauge pvr350 to generate ACPI wakeup?

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Sep 28 20:40:02 UTC 2011

On 27/09/2011 4:22 a.m., Marc MERLIN wrote:

> This allows me to wake up via keyboard, or more importantly by sending a
> small voltage on the serial port RI pin, which I can link to a trigger out
> on my AV receiver.

I've also wondered if an old PCI modem card might be used in various
ways.  Mimicking a "ring in" in many cases can be configured to wake a
system and is probably very widely supported from what I've seen of
motherboard BIOS.

Many of the modem cards have a relay that might also be switched by
sending modem commands.  The relay outputs can be commandeered to some
useful purposes, e.g. being the initiating switch to powering all other
devices.

The cost of these unwanted cards is also negligible these days.