[mythtv-users] Hacking a Hauppauge pvr350 to generate ACPI wakeup?

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Mon Sep 26 15:22:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 09:26:36AM +0100, Thomas Boehm wrote:
> Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > Just to be clear, we're talking about this wiki, right?
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup
>
> Sorry for confusing you. I thought that was the one, but the wakeup via
> a remote control is described here
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MCE_Remote#S3_.2F_Suspend_To_RAM

Aaah, never would have found that. It totally needs to be linked to the
first page.

> > If you meant a USB IR receiver, do you mean that if any data is received on
> > the serial port (not just 'ring'), it will trigger a wakeup?
> > (I would think not, so I'm confused)
>
> Yes, I meant a USB IR Receiver and I meant to connect it to a USB port.
> Then you put these lines in your /etc/rc.local before the exit 0
>
> echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
> echo USB1 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
> echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
> echo USB3 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

That's what I needed, thank you.
myth:~# echo UAR1 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
myth:~# echo PS2K > /proc/acpi/wakeup
myth:~# echo PS2M > /proc/acpi/wakeup

This allows me to wake up via keyboard, or more importantly by sending a
small voltage on the serial port RI pin, which I can link to a trigger out
on my AV receiver.

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....