[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 22:24:21 UTC 2011

I'm really the only person that has issues with it recording the same
program multiple times at the same time?

What have I done wrong?

> Currently running:
>
> MythTV Version   : v0.24-243-g9ba3ece
> MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
>

> Another thing that started happening a while ago - and continues to
> happen with my fresh install is that myth sometimes records the same
> program, twice, at the same time.  Using two different tuners.  Last
> night, for example, it did this on about 30% of the shows it was
> configured to record.

Last night, it did this:

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno 				Fri Sep 23, 2011 (10:34 PM) 	46_1 -
KDLT-HD 	1 hr 	6.6 GB
The Tonight Show with Jay Leno 				Fri Sep 23, 2011 (10:34 PM) 	46_1 -
KDLT-HD 	59 mins 	6.5 GB

And this:

Family Guy 				Fri Sep 23, 2011 (06:00 PM) 	11_2 - UTV 	29 mins 	581 MB
Peter and Lois hope that a relaxing vacation can help their struggling
marriage as they join Brian, who has just won a prestigious writing
award, in Martha's Vineyard, but more problems arise as the alcoholic
pooch makes a move on Lois.
Family Guy 				Fri Sep 23, 2011 (06:00 PM) 	11_2 - UTV 	30 mins 	592 MB
Peter and Lois hope that a relaxing vacation can help their struggling
marriage as they join Brian, who has just won a prestigious writing
award, in Martha's Vineyard, but more problems arise as the alcoholic
pooch makes a move on Lois.

I don't get it.  How can it be this confused?