[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24.1, Ubuntu 11.04 and MHEG on Freeview UK

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 20:22:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-23 at 19:45 +0100, Paul wrote:
> >How long after starting LiveTV do you see the first frames?  The log has
> >nothing other than MHEG trace for 6 minutes indicating that something is
> >consuming lots of CPU time or is I/O bound.
>
> Takes about 5 seconds to go from fe gui to live TV
>
> >Have you tried the Normal or CPU- profiles?  Are they any different?
>
> Tried  Normal and CPU- profiles and it is no different.
>
> Even just compiled 0.24.1 fixes with your patch and no different.

Was this something that happened after a MythTV update or after some
other change?  If it's a MythTV update then could you could try git
bisect to pinpoint the problem.  I know it's long winded but it
ultimately works.

If it happened without a MythTV change then perhaps look at Ubuntu
package updates - try less /var/log/dpkg.log

I can't get my head around why MHEG startup should take 6 minutes.
There's a problem lurking here.

--
Lawrence