[mythtv-users] mythnews lockups

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Fri Sep 23 18:48:35 UTC 2011

Hi,

In previous posts in this thread I mention about longstanding issue with
mythnews.
In fact I have few times the same issue with mythnetvision so basically
reading RSS on myth is impossible for me.
I'm on ION with 2G RAM and with v0.25pre-3344-g73ade81-dirty-20110921.

There was many theories about root cause (msi, low level hw bug in sata
ctrl, etc) - look on past messages in thread and also on #9659.

I started experimenting with mythcode and I can say attached patch
workarrounds issue for me.

Generally - without patch I have hardlock per every few mythnews
launches (I have approx 25 RSS feeds).
If sleep in patch is about 100ms - hardlock is every 20-50 launches.
With sleep about 1s I tested so far 150 lunches - so far no hardlock.

hardlock frequency is proportional to number of bookmarks and invertly
proportional to sleep period in patch.
I hope it will be helpful in ironing hardlock issue as now I really miss
RSS news functionality in myth :-(
hardlock is really frustrating so I was forced totally disable mythtnews.

br