[mythtv-users] Recording issues with I/O load

Stefan Lands e350notifier at alice.de
Fri Sep 23 11:04:40 UTC 2011

Am 23.09.2011 12:19, schrieb Simon Hobson:
> Just a heads up that this isn't the best way to use disks for Myth
> recordings. Myth will quite happily use multiple directories - so you
> can let it put recordings on 3 disks. Done this way, if you lose a
> disk, then you only lose the recordings that are on that one disk. If
> you make a large volume group with LVM, then you have no redundancy
> and the loss of any single drive will mean the loss of everything in
> the VG.

Well, as I mentioned earlier, the mythtv-recording-directories are not
located on the LVM, there's a dedicated disk now for those. The VG holds
old recordings which were converted to x.264, and are frequently saved
to external disks as backup. So if one drive of the VG fails, I simply
have to restore the backup.