[mythtv-users] Recorded program playing back different program than scheduled

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Sep 23 09:19:22 UTC 2011

On 23 Sep 2011, at 09:19, David Watkins wrote:

>> Have you guys tried rescanning your channels?  Sounds like the
>> broadcasts have changed since you scanned.
>>

> I have.  It's not a trivial process though - I scan both capture
> cards, delete a few duplicates by hand and then run a script to set
> Callsign, Visibilty, xmltvid etc, so it's possible that, if I made a
> mistake, then I made the same mistake on the rescan.

I recently started using a variation of the cleanup script on the wiki and after a few days discovered that some recordings were from the wrong channel. I was very confused because manual test recordings were fine and some of my scheduled recordings were fine too. It wasn't a couple of switched channels, I had some BBC HD recordings that contained a different channel yet others were fine, the other channel was working fine in it's own right too.

In the end I found that I made some mistakes in the script and I was ending up with some channels sharing the same channel number. Record on the named channel rules worked fine, record an any channel rules were fine if the wanted channel was first in the channel list but recorded the wrong channel if the wanted channel was second.

Maybe your problem is different but the symptoms sound similar and I found it very confusing for a day or two.